The Middle East is one of the transcontinental region on Western Asia. It is always on top of the news portals primarily because of its oil production and other natural resources making it one of the richest regions in the world. Aside from its natural resources, Middle East also has a diverse culture and religion. If you would want to visit The Middle East anytime soon, you surely would want to know these fun factsThe Middle East is pretty big that it extends from the Southern part of Asia to the Northern part of Africa.
- The Middle East is pretty big that it extends from the Southern part of Asia to the Northern part of Africa.
- The Middle East is a multicultural region. Contrary to what many believed that it only consist of Arabs. There are other ethnicities such as Chaldeans, Kurds, and Bedouins.
- The Middle East is made up of 17 countries namely Bahrain, Egypt, Cyprus, Israel, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Jordan, Oman, Lebanon, Qatar, Palestine, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Yemen, and the United Arab Emirates.
- The primary product of The Middle east is petroleum. Japan imports its oil from the Middle East.
- Not all Arabs are Muslim. There are Arabs that follow Christianity.
- Aside from oil, The Middle East is also rich in natural gas, cotton, and phosphate.
- The first oil of Middle East was discovered in Saudi Arabia in 1936.
- About 55% of the oil reserves of the world is in the Middle East.
- Of all countries that made up the Middle East, only Egypt, Turkey, and Iran have the large supply of freshwater.
- The tallest building in the world is found in the Middle East; the Burj Khalifa in the United Arab Emirates.
- Iran is the world’s largest producer of nuts, specifically pistachios.
- The Middle East is the birthplace of religion – Islam, Christianity, and Judaism.
- A 20-foot tall mushroom existed in Saudi Arabia about 350 million years ago.
- Saudi Arabia, one of the countries in the Middle East does not have any rivers.
- Marriages between close relatives are allowed in Arabia and it resulted in genetic disorders such as sickle cell anemia, thalassemia, and spinal muscular atrophy.
- Arabs pertain to ethnic group and not a religion. The majority of Arabs are Muslims but there are also Christians and Jews. You are an Arab if you have an Arab descent.
- Iranians are also called Persians. They are not Arabs.
sponsored by: Cpa Tampa Florida